Athletes from our training group have competed in a variety of events for their schools and for Stockport Harriers. Competing is an option not a necessity of being part of our training group. Those who do choose to compete, do so for a variety of reasons: to use competitive events to aid their athletic development with regard to skills, technique, tactics & fitness; to gain experience of competitive environments; to improve their own personal performances; to have fun; to try and win a medal or certificate; to represent their schools or clubs etc etc
Athletic events that we have participated in are:
- Track & Field medal meetings both indoor and outdoor
- Cheshire League Track and Field meetings
- Youth Development Leagues
- Sportshall Indoor athletics meetings
- Stockport Harriers Club Championships
- Bury AC Young Athlete Mini League
- School Cross Countries
- Club Cross Countries
- The Keighley Cross country challenge
Competition is very much part of every day life. The coaches encourage and support those who want to take part in competitive events.
In order to compete for Stockport Harriers the children must be members of the club. A membership form link is attached below.